Terms and Conditions
Low Ploughlands is available for short breaks, weeks or longer stays.
- Friday – Friday (7 nights)
- Friday – Monday (3 nights)
- Monday – Friday (5 nights)
Please note our change over days are Fridays and Mondays only.
- Check in is from 3p.m. and check out is by 10.00 a.m. on the day of your departure.
- All linen (bed sheets, hand towels, bath towels, bath mats, and tea towels) will be provided.
- We are sorry, but we are unable to accommodate any dogs.
- We can hold provisional bookings for 5 days. Bookings will be confirmed by email when we’ve received a 30% non-refundable deposit.
- Payment is to be made by BACS or Credit/Debit card via HomeAway or via our own website.
- Balance of payment is due 8 weeks prior to your stay in full. If you book less than 8 weeks prior to your stay, we will ask for payment in full.
- We reserve the right to refuse booking or cancel bookings already made subject to refunding any sums you have paid without further liability on our behalf.
- In the event of a cancellation more than 8 weeks from the start of your stay, 30% of the rental sum will be retained. If it is less than 8 weeks from the start we reserve the right to retain the full sum due.
- Please note if you choose to depart early from your booking, there will be no refund due.
- Booking confirmations and invoices must be checked immediately on receipt for any errors. Any errors must always be notified by email within 10 days following the date of the confirmation/invoice and before the start of your stay.
- The booking must be taken by the same person who confirms the booking. This person will be solely liable for any damage caused to the property during their stay whether that damage is caused by them and or anyone of their guests.
- The number of people occupying the Property will not exceed the number stated when booking.
- The Property will be used solely for the purpose of a holiday by the person booking and their guests for the duration of their confirmed booking only. You must not permit any other person other than the booked guests to stay at the Property, and or to allow any access to the unit’s facilities.
- You are responsible for keeping the Property and all furniture, utensils, equipment, fixtures and fittings in or on the Property in the same state of repair and condition as at the commencement of the holiday and to ensure that at the end of the holiday the Property is left in the same state of order and cleanliness in which it was found. The Property Owner reserves the right to levy an additional charge for any extra cleaning required after your departure and for any consequential loss.
- When you pay the final balance, we will ask that you pay a refundable £200 damage deposit per property. Assuming that the property and its contents are returned in the same state as at the start of your stay, we will arrange for the damage deposit to be returned to you in full within 72 hours of your departure. In the event of any damage being caused to the property, we reserve the right to retain the full £200 damage deposit. In the event that the cost of rectifying any damage or loss to our property exceeds the £200 damage deposit, we reserve the right to claim in full any additional costs incurred as a result. For the avoidance of doubt this includes additional cleaning costs, our time at £50/hour, the costs of any materials and contractors required to make good the damage and any associated professional or legal advice required to rectify the damage. In the event that as a result of damage you have caused to the property results in us having to cancel future bookings, you will be liable in full for this loss. Please report any accidental damage or issues with the property, its equipment or contents when vacating to ensure we can put these matters right for our next guests. We reserve the right to charge you for the cost of any replacement items.
- There is a strict no smoking policy inside any property. Please dispose of your cigarette butts responsibly in the receptacles provided.
- Force Majeure. In the event of circumstances arising (natural or human) that are outside of our control that prevent the completion of, or cause an interruption to your stay, we will do our best to accommodate you, but cannot take on any formal obligation to provide alternative accommodation.
- Please note, no responsibility will be taken by the owners in the event of flooding where any guest chooses to ignore the advice available in the Welcome Pack on use of the private access road in times of extreme wet weather.
- We would respectfully ask guests to observe the Countryside Code and have consideration for any wildlife, farm stock and our neighbouring farmers to ensure your enjoyment doesn’t interfere with theirs. In the event of any complaints received by other guests and or our neighbours, we reserve the right to ask our guests to leave immediately. In this event there will be no refund due.
- Risks: Whilst the serene setting is idyllic, and we take great care to ensure the safety of our guests, accidents can happen. We are not responsible for such accidents to you or your property and guests (to the greatest extent permitted by law). It is your responsibility to supervise any children. We draw your attention to the nearby watercourses and ask that you refrain from entering these at any time. Please observe a strict 20 mph speed limit along our private road and be aware of all users including farm traffic, children, livestock, walkers (there is a public right of way) and any other user.
- We accept no liability for theft, damage of whatever nature during or as a result of your stay.